portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, October 31, 2016



Bob Dylan on the phone:


"It was last Tuesday. I came home at half past six, tired after a long day and put the phone in the hall. A couple of minutes later, I discovered a missed call from New York. It turned out to be Bob Dylan! He called me through his manager in New York, Jeff Rosen. I had expected that he would let us know - sooner or later, he would call - but I was still taken by surprise.  It was a nice conversation. After a while, I asked if he wanted to receive the Nobel Prize "of course" he said that the news about the Nobel Prize had left him "speechless" and that he didn't know what to say. He felt very honoured, he added, and also said that he's considering to get to Stockholm but The Nobel Awards week in December is still far away, he finds himself in the middle of a large US tour. We spoke for about a quarter of an hour. Dylan was kind, humble, and humorous". - Sara Danius' Facebook page

Sara's FB Professor Danius is on the board of the Nobel Literature Prize from Stockholm University




No comments: